Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to Kettlebells for now..bolo Yeung Seminar details soon

Today I worked out outside with no clock save the music in the IPOD shuffle.

Yesterday worked out outside with a somewhat lack luster performance(32 reps in just over 5 minutes). Decided to do 2 minutes (18 reps PR for the heck of it).

Today well I wasn't supposed to do anything technically but I felt the urge to try the 28 kgs.

And the gym I workout out at that has comp bells I took the 28 kgs outside and tried for 80 reps long cycle(no time limit but monitoring how many songs went by and where the set started and where it stopped during which song). I got after adding up the times at about 10 minutes 15 seconds 72 reps. I fell short of 80 but I actually felt good during and after which is very very rare for me.

Learning and continuing to learn I had to remind myself of all the technical nuances. I forget more technicalities in the lifts whether it is foot position, head position, power initiation, trajectory of one movement, weight distribution, breathing patterns, hand position, warm up, stretching, mindset, etc. So, don't forget them. They help and they matter. And even though I don't do this, I condone it. And that is, train with other people. It helps, especially if they are better lifters.

I daresay that I PRed in longcycle if I'm not mistaken CMS level at any weight category. Now, if I could just get MS in every weight category then that would be good.

I didn't feel too sapped after. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. :D

1 comment:

Boris T said...

Good work Marty! I Hope to be hitting those numbers sooner then later myself.