Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New York Meet and My Perspective

Biggest turn out I've seen in a while.

And while I didn't do my intended result, I accomplished 42 reps in approx 8 minutes(last 3 were probably a minute ) got to 38 by 7 minutes. This acute pain in my ribs is what I'm sticking to. Never had it before. Didn't hurt after. Could have been the water from being sick etc etc.

The disappointment of putting them down is high and as you can see, I can make excuse after excuse why. Congrats to all the people that made their goals BTW. I looked around and put things in perspective.

When I have non optimal days, in training and in competition it is important for me to reflect where I was in the beginning and even 6 months ago. 42 reps is a s#$t day for me but 2 years ago, it had been a PR and in 10 minutes. What about when I do 42 reps in 5 minutes? or 4 minutes?

It will happen. Suffice to say I had learned a nuance of snatching from Valery(3-4 months ago) I had missed and am excited to implement it now that I am going back to Biathlon. I will also be in the 80 kg weight category for Biathlon. Not 70 and not 75.

and about perspective.

When I looked around the 80 or so competitors trying to achieve their results, I realized that they were all at least as good as the top guys in 2004 and maybe 2005.

It was inspiring to know.

As the sport evolves I shall make true on my statement to Rob Lawrence many years ago that America will catch up to Russia in kettlebell sport.

Time to train.

No comments: